Customers interested in utilizing generative AI participate in our training to find a common understanding of how to proceed with the preparations for the post-ChatGPT world."
For most growth-seeking companies, the biggest question at the moment is what kind of opportunities created by data, analytics, and artificial intelligence can be identified for their own business. In the face of growing competition, digital operating models must be integrated into the company's daily operating culture.
- To succeed, we must understand how we can seize the opportunities that digitalization has to offer for different business areas and how these opportunities can be utilized in creating new operating models. This requires data-drivenness from the operations of the entire organization, says Mari Rauhala, Director, Business Development at Aalto University Executive Education and Professional Development (Aalto EE).
Data-driven operations will have a significant impact on business development for many companies. At first, the transformation may be slower, but ultimately the effects will extend to the companies’ ability to exist within their field.
Aalto EE has the best expertise in technology-related training, says Mari Rauhala, Antti Saarinen, Jonni Junkkari, and Miro Malmelin.
- If technically oriented employees do not understand the goals of their company's core business and executives do not see the opportunities that technology has to offer, the pathways to growth will be blocked. The company’s key people must have an understanding of how to create a successful business together, with a data-driven operating culture that extends over the entire organization, says Miro Malmelin, Aalto EE’s Commercial Director.
From Innovation to Business
Development programs help generate ideas and insights that often do not emerge in the rush of the everyday."
Aalto EE offers key people in organizations training that combines unique expertise in data, analytics, and leadership. Development programs seek solutions to support the growth of companies and enhance the skills of their key personnel.
- In the training programs, we explore the synergies between business and technology and seek opportunities for them in the dialogue between people in different roles. Learning and innovation are guided by our top trainers, Jonni Junkkari, Program Director for Data and Analytics at Aalto EE, explains.
Development programs help generate ideas and insights that often do not emerge in the rush of the everyday. In a safe and motivating learning environment, ideas can also be refined through the company’s own projects and even be transformed into new businesses. The solutions can be scaled to suit different needs and target groups.
- Customers interested in utilizing generative AI participate in our training to find a common understanding of how to proceed with the preparations for the post-ChatGPT world, Mr. 0Junkkari adds.
The quality of the training provided by Aalto EE has also received wider recognition, as evidenced by, e.g., the Chief Data Officer Symposium to be held for the first time in the Nordics in February 2024. The event, initially organized under the auspices of MIT, will feature speakers from leading companies around the world. Data management and sharing, as well as the utilization of data and AI in business, will be some of the important topics at the event, and they are also discussed in Aalto EE's training programs on a daily basis.
Data-driven Approach to Everyday Life
Telia Data Akatemia is a training program tailored jointly by Aalto EE and Telia. Its goal is to increase the basic understanding of data utilization and strengthen Telia's internal collaboration and understanding of the opportunities provided by data. The long-term goal is to grow the business and improve operational performance through a data-driven approach.
A top-level international partner was also included in order to achieve the ambitious goals."
- One of the main goals was to initiate the transition of the company into a truly data-native organization. We have a strong vision of how we intend to emerge victorious in the digital transformation affecting our industry. We also wanted to clarify this message to our entire personnel in order to initiate a genuine cultural transformation within the company as a whole, says Antti Saarinen, Director, Analytics at Telia.
Experts for Telia Data Akatemia were selected from different organization units, and a top-level international partner was also included in order to achieve the ambitious goals. Previous experiences gained from Aalto EE’s versatile training offering and references from other companies were enough to convince Telia.
- The overall feedback from the participants has been excellent. Together with the top-level trainers, we gave the academy a clear purpose that provided us with concrete tools for future development. It is already evident that the training has enhanced our efficiency and increased our use of data. These are valuable steps on the way toward future challenges.
Building a data-driven organization entails several challenges related to expertise. Organizations at different stages also face certain common challenges, such as senior executives’ understanding of the opportunities created by data analytics, business leaders' knowledge of data analytics, data scientists' understanding of the business context, and collaboration between these roles around data. We are helping our customers to develop their expertise in data and analytics at different levels of the organization and for a range of requirements, in order to help them build a data-driven organization. Read more