|100 Reasons to Apply - Aalto Part-time MBA|
1. Become a better manager. All Aalto Part-time MBA graduates say this.
2. Earn more. Many of graduates receive a fast salary increase.
3. Empower your team. HR skills are a key part of the curriculum.
4. Create new ideas. The program encourages breakthrough thinking.
5. Sharper strategy. You’ll be acquainted with both classic and modern strategy tools.
6. Get more competitive. Outsmart your competitors with the latest leadership knowledge.
7. Lead your boss better. Leadership goes both ways after this program.
8. Cross-cultural influence. Students and professors represent dozens of nationalities.
9. Triple-crown. As the first Nordic business school, we have received the three most respected accreditations: AASCB, AMBA and EQUIS.
10. International faculty. Aalto University’s faculty universities cover leading schools in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
11. Top exchange schools. Choose between 40 fine business schools across the world.
12. Acclaimed degree. Aalto University's programs are recognised in key rankings (Financial Times, Handelsblatt etc)
13. It’s lots of fun. In a group of clever and talented people you will enjoy the effort.
14. Broaden your scope. Different industry and professional backgrounds give food for thought.
15. What’s important in marketing. Classic business cases show how big wins and losses have been made.
16. Learn strategic thinking. Be it competitiveness or mergers and acquisitions, the program will teach you new paths of thought.
17. Find the leader in you. Motivating colleagues, teams and organisations is a key competence – and thoroughly examined.
18. Look who else graduated from Aalto University School of Economics. Most of Finland’s business elite are Aalto University alumni. Now this network is available to you too.
19. Analyse businesses quicker. The logic is very much the same across industries, and here you can learn it.
20. Build your self-confidence. You have talent and you have ambition. We will make them work for you.
21. Enrich your life. Professional life always complements the personal.
22. Tackle new responsibilities. New skills and approaches help you accept new duties at work.
23. Build a global vision. The multicultural program will make your perspective broader.
24. Expand your network. Management-level contacts in leading companies are always useful.
25. Make lifetime friends. The trust built during the two-year program yields permanent connections.
26. Promote your company. In addition to friends, some find even customers among the network.
27. More than 99% customer satisfaction! The need to learn is the most motivating impulse for all human beings.
28. Compare best practices. Even the best organisations learn from each other. Actually, that’s how they got there.
29. Discuss the big issues. There is no better place to talk about social responsibility or meeting dynamics.
30. International opportunities. Be it recruitment or procurement, you have more to choose from after this program.
31. Balance work, study and private life. It will not be easy, but the program has been designed to enable keeping all parties happy.
32. Step up to a higher level. When you feel you need a change, do it properly.
33. Solve real-life problems. Use your own company’s challenges in your assignments. No need for further reality checks.
34. Bring new energy to your team. Strategic skills, management tools, marketing solutions – share them with your colleagues and your boss.
35. Increase motivation. The more you know, the more you care.
36. Meet high-potential leaders. You may have great people at home and at work, but how about learning to know 30 more?
37. See what’s essential. This program will crystallise the complexity of simplicity, as millionaires say.
38. Improve job performance. With the theoretical framework and world-class tools, you will make bigger moves.
39. Pave way for higher rewards. The better your skills, the more results you get.
40. Tangible tools. All the concepts and models used in classes are ready tools for your work.
41. Save money. The program is among the best in Europe with regard to value for money, says one of our American professors.
42. See behind the headlines. Learn to analyse balance sheets and organisational behaviour – and see what’s true in business news.
43. Big issues for small talk. The program’s rich content will make you a preferred table companion.
44. Sharpen your abilities. Learning by doing is one way, but learning from the best is more effective.
45. Learn to use power right. 'Power and influence' is one of the classic Aalto MBA themes.
46. More ways to influence people. There are many effective ways to lead an organisation – you should be aware of them all.
47. Make career moves easier. With a broader scope of skills you can gladly accept promotions.
48. Sparring with peers. Bring up management challenges with your fellow students and use the results at work.
49. Formal qualification. An Aalto Part-time MBA is hard currency according to key employers.
50. Business-minded professors. Most of our professors are also consultants to leading international companies
51. Valued by leading companies. Aalto partners with twenty prominent companies in Finland.
52. Top rankings internationally. Choose a program with international credibility. For your own good.
53. Recognised worldwide. Aalto University Executive Education runs programs in Finland, Singapore, Korea, China, Taiwan and Poland.
54. International industry analysis. The national business daily is fine but it can never alone give you the full view of international businesses.
55. Create a distinctive advantage. A manager is what she can do with her team. After this program your limit is much farther.
56. Learn negotiation dynamics. Learn to form your argument and defend it in a firm but friendly manner.
57. Tools for building dream teams. You will learn to perceive who works best with whom – and what kind of people you need.
58. Key to financial accounting. Every Aalto Part-time MBA graduate will know the fundamentals of finance.
59. Sharper economic analysis. Your professor will make sure you know your company’s and your competitor’s assets.
60. Breathe managerial behaviour. Spend two years in a group of ambitious managers, and a leader’s stature will come as a bonus.
61. Create value through M&A. Core strategic knowledge will be discussed from all angles.
62. Enjoy debating and arguing. You will actually be encouraged to say what you think and stand behind it.
63. Professional diversity. For many, the chance to interact with people from other industries is elevating.
64. On and off campus. A business project is a central experience in the Aalto Part-time MBA program.
65. Earn your degree by December 2013. Apply now and you will graduate in two years.
66. Increase managerial competence. Firmness in decision-making, sensitivity in delicate issues. We teach them both and more.
67. Global mindset. There are very few businesses who can afford not to follow the global marketplace.
68. Personal development. What’s good for your company is surely good for you too.
69. Dynamic environment. Interact with a diverse student body and an international faculty with connections to hundreds of business leaders.
70. Individual business projects. Combine what you learned with real-life business situations.
71. Interpersonal skills. Think you could improve your persuasion skills? This is the place.
72. Cultural sensitivity. In the diverse group, you will learn to take cultural values better into account.
73. Healthy ambition. What the program also gives is maturity in balancing different interests.
74. Huge learning experience. Two years of ‘heureka’ is possible for you.
75. Risk management. Learn to evaluate and prepare for risks that might affect your company’s value.
76. Leading change. The course will help you motivate your team in times of greatest challenge.
77. Think about entrepreneurship. The individual’s capacity to influence his fate.
78. Value chain in close-up. Understand why certain processes are more effective than others.
79. Breakthrough thinking. Our principle is to strive towards excellence in everything we do.
80. Amazing teamwork. Even people coming from top organisations have been surprised by the level of co-operation in classes.
81. Change your life. There is no looking back once you have started the program.
82. Get inspired. The program changes your routines and forces you to think differently, which usually ignites new action.
83. Learn to grow businesses. Getting smarter in competition, process management and customer relationships can’t be bad for your wallet.
84. Apply new skills at once. Part of our academic quality is the easy application of everything you learn.
85. Cope with speed. The world of change is fast and waits for no-one. That’s why we are quite demanding.
86. Social responsibility. Among the first business schools in Europe, we run a course in CSR.
87. Assess business opportunities. Simulation games are an entertaining way to learn to make decisions.
88. See what drives change. Every cause has a reason. Best managers know how to analyse them.
89. Strategic planning. Realising what others do and why is the first step in strategic planning.
90. Redesign organisations. The most efficient teams – or hot spots – do not appear by coincidence, they were created by their leaders.
91. Trust your charisma. Learn to take your audience by relying on your strongest abilities.
92. What’s new in management. Who would know it better than leading professors?
93. Global macroeconomics. Your company might be growing fast in the east or the west – we give you tools to understand where you are going.
94. Take control. All the courses help you build your personal manager identity.
95. Curriculum driven by market forces. We constantly update the program content to ensure you get the best education.
96. Central location. Our offices and classrooms in Töölö, Helsinki, are easy to get to.
97. Attention to detail. Both our academic and program management staff take pride in making you enjoy your time with us.
98. A century of management education experience. Aalto University School of Economics (former HSE) was established in 1911. Its task is still to see that Finnish companies get well-educated business leaders.
99. Personal view on leadership. You are free to choose your methods.
Aalto Part-time MBA Info Session
Ajankohta: May 28, 2013
Kellonaika: 08:30 - 10:30
Paikka: Aalto EE; Mechelininkatu 3 C